Implementing secure password systems - a guide for law firm managers
Training staff to choose and use passwords securely is one of the best defences against information security breaches, system compromises, and financial losses. However many organisations do not make it easier for staff to get right. Nor is the advice necessarily what you might think!
We have worked with a range of IT security experts to produce the following guidance to help firms implement better security.
- Review your existing systems and password rules
- Where possible, remove the requirement for multiple different passwords and password rules
- Consider implementing a password manager for the bulk of less security-critical systems - to reduce the number of different passwords employees have to use and remember
- Speak to Lockton for further advice
- Get your staff to complete our Password Security e-learning